Church membership is an act of commitment. At Joint Heirs, we give meaning and value to a membership, believing that God’s Word and Kingdom is advanced through many members showing forth one Body of Christ.
There are numerous benefits to membership; here are some we emphasize:
· It identifies you as a genuine Believer (Eph. 2:19; Rom. 12:5).
· It provides a spiritual family to support and encourage you in your walk with Christ (Gal. 6:1-2; Heb. 10:24-25).
· It gives you a place to discover and use your gifts in ministry. (1 Cor. 12:4-27; Rom. 12:3-5; Eph. 4:11-16; 1 Pet. 4:10).
· It places you under the Spiritual protection of Godly Leaders (Heb. 13:17; Acts 20:28-29).
· It gives you the accountability you need to grow (Eph. 5:21; Reference, “One Another” and “Each Other” Scriptures).
Membership & Partners
Paul mentions two different types of commitments in 2 Corinthians 8:5 (GNB): “First they gave themselves to the Lord; and then, by God’s will, they gave themselves to us as well.” At Joint Heirs, first-base is turning from sin and receiving God's Grace in salvation ("Born Again" John 3:1-3) for the remission of sin and then you commit yourself to other Christians for service through membership in a local church.
A Spiritual Covenant
Throughout biblical and church history; spiritual covenants have been made between people for mutual edification and accountability. At Joint Heirs, we have prayerfully summarized three requirements for membership:
· You Must be Born Again! Repentance and a personal confession in Christ as Savior and Lord,
· Completion of the Membership Orientation Class
· A signed commitment to your willful desire to unite in membership at Joint Heirs.